Friday, April 13, 2012

The Higher Law

I love seeing different types of graphics and design, so I like looking through the Free April VT Handouts board at Pinterest and adding new printables to it from across the web. See the board here, or click on the "2012 Free Visiting Teaching Handouts" link in the sidebar to the left. It's always intriguing to see what others highlight to accompany the full message printout.

As always, links for the official message in html and pdf form are at the top, to the left.

I was caught slightly off-guard when I came across someone who felt that this month's message was pedestrian--a slight contrast from my opinion that this is an epic message. Quite a few people mentioned that this message felt different from all the others that have preceded it. My own feeling is that we received a "higher law" of visiting teaching this month.

Quote from Julie B. Beck, Oct 2011 General Conference.

Broadcasting the message once a month, then "over and out" until next month is officially a thing of the past. The suggestions given in this month's message about how to love, watch over, strengthen a sister are open-ended--not a checklist that can be marked off in a single day. They are ongoing throughout the month and belong in your daily planner instead of on a to-do list.

We already knew this information all along. But now, it's time for action. We've been charged with the responsibility for living it. In I Am a Child of God, the lyrics: "Teach me all that I must know" were replaced by "Teach me all that I must do". Knowledge has never been enough. "Becoming" also matters.




Here is the part of the message that I feel is the higher law. We will know if our visiting teaching labors have born fruit if our sisters can say:

1. My visiting teacher helps me grow spiritually.
2. I know my visiting teacher cares deeply about me and my family.
3. If I have problems, I know my visiting teacher will take action without being asked.

The first tag, "Measured by the depth of our charity" is here. It's on a 4 by 6" background, 300 dpi.
The second tag, "Pure Fruit" is here. And since these are such huge concepts, what could I do but make them 4 by 6", 300 dpi, right? Click on the links, then click on the images to enlarge them, then right-click to save to your computer.

You can upload the files to have them professionally printed as photos.


Thanks for visiting today! Have a great weekend.

NOTE: You can cut the background off the tags if you'd like, or save a little time by leaving the photo intact.

Susan

2 comments:

  1. Really nice. I especially love the pure fruit tag - it would be a great addition to a "fruits of our labor" VT conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin--you have the best ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete